Disclaimer : I’m not responsible with hardware harm or error after this process.
You must have :
- iPod Touch Software version 1.1.1(3A110a) and 1.1.2 (for iPhone,better use this 1.1.1(3A109a) version)
- TouchFree4 (For Jailbreaking 1.1.1)
- 1.1.2 JailBreak Utility (For Jailbreaking 1.1.2)
- 45 minutes amount of time
- A cup of coffee.. 😀
I have tried this method by iPod Touch and iTunes 7.4 and 7.5.
NOTE : .net 2.0 and Java MUST be installed in your computer. DO NOT FORGET to backup your iPod
Step by step :
1. 1. If your iPod Touch is running on software version 1.1.2, you MUST downgrade it onto 1.1.1
To downgrade for iTunes 7.4 (7.5 start from c) :
a. Turn off your iPod Touch in normal way (push the power and slide)
b. Turn on you iPod, when it’s appearing Apple Logo, hold the home button until the iPod running in recovery mode and in iTunes appear message “iTunes detects the iPod in recovery mode”
c. Hold Shift button(in Mac, option button) on your keyboard and click restore. A Browse windows will appear and select firmware software version 1.1.1 that you download earlier
d. Wait until the process complete and iPod run on version 1.1.1 (you can see in setting–>general–>about)
e. Close iTunes
2. 2. After that,you can jailbreak the 1.1.1 software.
To jailbreak 1.1.1 software (WARNING : Don’t try this step unless you will follow the whole progress) :
a. Copy file iTunesMobileDevice.dll from “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin” to the same folder with TouchFree4.exe (if it’s still in touchfree4.zip,you must unzip it)
b. From you safari on iPod Touch, open http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com. The safari will crash and close automatically.
c. Run TouchFree4.exe and follow the instruction on console screen (you will be asked to reboot it manually for about 3 times)
d. After done those step, it means your iPod have been jailbreaked.
3. 3. You can see “installer” icon on your home screen. You can install application from those application. NOTE : If you wanna update it to 1.1.2 just install “OktoPrep”,don’t install the others, because it will be removed automatically when you update
4. 4. To update to 1.1.2 :
a. Install “OktoPrep” from Installer.app in your iPod
b. Connect your iPod to PC or Mac
c. Update the Software like usual (just clicking the update button) or update from your download (hold shift (option) + click update, and choose the file location). The “installer” on iPod home screen will disappear, don’t worry! WARNING : Do not click restore, it will remove the OktoPrep
d. After the update process complete, turn off your iTunes (leave the iPod connected to PC)
e. Extract the 1.1.2 JailBreak Utility (in Mac, place it on /tmp/) and run windows.bat (for mac, run jailbreak.jar)
f. Just waiting for a while and follow the instruction in console window
g. After that, your iPod has been jailbreaked and the “installer” appear.
That’s all. Hope it will help you all. If you have a problem, don’t mind to share it with me.
Thanks to :
- Alief Nugraha for the very high speed internet access and the support (for the damn hi5 too 😀 )
- Amateur Radio Club (ARC) ITB
Update : iPod Touch yang udah dijailbreak(biar ga dianggep omdo). There’s a lot of application that you can install.